This was the perfect quick and easy dinner for MC and the fam last night. Everyone enjoyed it and it only took a short while to prepare. The marinara can be substituted with prawns or other seafood as well.
- 500gr angel hair pasta
- 750gr seafood marinara mix
- 250gr snow peas- washed and with the ends cut off
- 4 Tsp minced garlic (or equivalent fresh, chopped garlic)
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh herbs (I used basil and parsley from my herb garden)
- Olive oil
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare pasta according to instructions on back of packet. When al dente, rinse under cold running water until room temperature and leave to sit in a colander (this stops the cooking).
2. Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan (on high). When hot, add garlic and onion and stir fry until onion turns clear and slightly golden. Add chilli flakes (I added about 5 tsp but it depends on your preference and the intensity of the chilli you have), and toss.
3. Add seafood to the pan, stir and cover for about 5 minutes.
4. Add snow peas and toss until they change colour (darker green).
5.Add the lemon juice and wedges to the pan.
6. Season with salt, pepper and more chilli if desired.
7. Drizzle with olive oil and toss through chopped fresh herbs.