Product: Madame Flavour Teas
For more information: http://www.madameflavour.com/
* * *
About Madame Flavour
Madame Flavour is a company based in Melbourne which sells loose leaf teas from Sri Lanka, China and India, which are blended with Australian spices and flowers to create unique flavoured teas.
They have a number of blends including the Special Blend, Sultry Chai, Green Jasmine Pear, Grey de Luxe, White with Rose, and Mint & Lavender Tisane.
The tea leaves are put into infuser pods, which are fully biodegradable silken tea bags which are much nicer than the papery tea bags used by other tea brands.
Much of their teas are organic, although the percentage of organic tea in each blend varies. What I particularly liked about their packaging however, is that they clearly state the percentages of each type of tea used in the blend and where the tea comes from. An ingredients list which shows you exactly what goes into your tea and where it comes from is an ingredients list which is not ashamed of its contents!
They kindly sent me a few samples of their tea to try out. Here’s what I thought of them.
Grey de Luxe
The Grey de Luxe tea has an amber colour and is quite fragrant. This is a nice afternoon tea as the strong and unique smell of the tea is revitalising and wakes you up.
I tried this tea with no sugar or milk as I find that is the best way to have Early Grey.
I brewed it in a T2 glass teapot for one, which is really easy to use and perfect for tea leaves, using the tea leaf compartment (which I took out), or tea bags.The tea leaves swelled up and filled the sachet and there was more than enough tea in the bag for one cup.
Although it was nice, I didn’t notice much of a difference in this tea compared with other Earl Grey teas which I have had before.
Chai tea is one of my favourite types as it is soothing and really clears up your throat if you are sick or have a cough.
I tried this tea black, and with a teaspoon of honey and some milk. It had a very strong aroma of clove and cardamom and a prominent gingery flavour.
Madame’s Special Blend
Madame’s Special Blend is the perfect breakfast tea. It has a soothing aroma and a dark golden colour which reflects its strong flavour.
I tried the tea both with and without milk/sugar. Both times it was easy to drink, smooth and silky.
A very enjoyable tea which I would recommend to all the “classic” tea drinkers out there. Note: If you don’t like flavoured teas, this means you!
Mint & Lavender Tisane
The lavender and mint smell is beautiful and refreshing and I have heard that mint (peppermint) tea is good for settling the stomach after a big meal.
I had this tea black and without milk and found it to be very enjoyable and calming.
I really liked Madame Flavour’s range of teas. They smell amazing and are strong on flavour. Definitely worth a try!
I give it an 8.5/10.
1. This competition is only open to New South Wales residents aged 16 years or over.
2. One entry per person allowed.
3. To enter, simply comment on this post an answer to the question “Which Madame Flavour Tea would you most like to try and why?”.
4. You must be a facebook fan of The Casual Food Blogger at http://www.facebook.com/thecasualfoodblogger.
5. The competition opens on 3/1/13 at 12.00 midday AEST and ends 31/1/13 at 12.00 midday AEST.
6. The prize consists of 3 packs of 8 single-serve Madame Flavour tea pouches.
7. The winners will be selected based on the most interesting comments as judged by The Casual Food Blogger.
8. Please include your name and email address so we can contact you if you win.
9. If you win you will be asked to provide a postal address to which the prize can be sent. Your name and postal address will be provided to Madame Flavour who will send the prize straight to you. Your name and address will only be used for the purposes of this competition. If you do not want your details to be sent to Madame Flavour, please do not enter.
10. Winners will be notified by email within 7 days from the closing date of the competition. If we are unable to contact you or do not hear back from you within 7 days from the date of the email we will choose another winner.
11. This competition is hosted by The Casual Food Blogger at http://www.thecasualfoodblogger.wordpress.com.