I just love ready made sauces and spices which make the whole lunch and dinner process so much simpler. We often use stir-through sauces with meat or chicken and it is a great way to save time and get your post-work dinners out quickly!
I decided to try out Continental’s Lemon & Herb Chicken in a Bag for dinner tonight.
It’s pretty easy to use and quite a cool new idea. I remember seeing something at the Easter Show about how Woollies was going to let customers pick out their fish/chicken etc and their choice of marinade, and would then put it in a steamable bag which could be put straight into the microwave. This is a similar concept but involves steaming in the oven so the chicken retains its moistness and flavour.
Here’s how I prepared the dish:
1.Preheat the oven.
2. Open up the packet and put a whole chicken into the plastic bag (provided).
3. Add in the lemon & herb seasoning and shake up the bag so that the chicken is properly coated. Pierce two holes in the top of the bag with a fork.
4. Place chicken bag in the oven on a tray and cook for about 50 minutes.
5. I then took the chicken out of the bag and placed it in the oven dish. I cut it into pieces and added 1 onion (cut into large cubes), 4 cloves of garlic (roughly cut up), about 10 cherry tomatoes (halved) and 2 cups of water.
6. Return the tray to the oven and cook for a further 30 or so minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
The chicken turned out delicious and browned and the lemon and herb flavours were infused into it.
The cherry tomatoes added some extra freshness to the dish and cut through some of the oil from the chicken skin.
I give this product a 7/10.