This heart shaped slice is the perfect Valentine’s Day treat and with only 4 ingredients, it is so quick and easy to make.
I’d love to hear what your favourite Valentine’s Day treats are so please post below with what you would love to give or receive!
- 6 cups rice bubbles or rice puffs
- 3 cups pink and white marshmallows (generous cups)
- 1 cup white chocolate melts
- 3 Tbs butter
1. Measure out rice bubbles into a large mixing bowl. Also grease a large flat and rectangular baking tray with butter.
2. Melt butter, marshmallows and white chocolate over a medium heat until they begin to dissolve, stirring frequently to stop the mixture sticking to the pan.
3. When marshmallows start to dissolve, add a couple of drops of pink food colouring. You can add as little or as much as you like to get the desired colour. You could also use red, or, if you use only white marshmallows you can use blue, green, yellow or whatever colours you like!
4. Stir in food colouring and mix (still on medium heat) until mixture is smooth.
5.Pour mixture over rice bubbles and stir until they are fully covered then pour into the pre-greased baking tray.
6. Press down until flat. Leave to cool for about 10-15 minutes then turn over onto a greased board or flat surface.
7. Use cookie cutters to cut the rice bubbles into shapes, pressing the mixture into the cutters before pushing them out.
8. Allow to cool further then enjoy! Slice will be sticky yet soft and chewy!
You can put a sheet of baking paper in a box and wrap them up, ready to give to your Valentine (or enjoy them yourself for a super sweet treat)!