If you’re looking for a quick but DELICIOUS appetiser to serve to your guests, then look no further because I have the perfect one!
I made this delicious zaatar bread and beetroot feta dip for my birthday lunch and everyone seemed to really enjoy it!
It’s pretty easy to make, here’s how:
- 5 Lebanese breads
- Olive oil
- Zaatar seasoning *(you can get it online- try Sam’s kitchen- or from Middle Eastern grocers)
1.Preheat oven to 180C
2. Mix about 1/4 cup of zaatar seasoning with about 1/4 cup of olive oil
3. Spread over Lebanese bread using a brush.
4. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake in oven for about 8 minutes.
Note: remember to keep an eye on it as it will burn easily!
6. Break up the zaatar using your hands (scissors won’t work!), into corn chip sized pieces.
7. Serve with beetroot & feta dip (see below).
BEETROOT & FETA DIP
- 1 small tin sliced beetroot
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 100g feta cheese (I used Danish)
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add beetroot and chickpeas to a food processor and mix until combined.
2. Add cashews and feta cheese and blend again until just combined (you want it to be somewhat chunky).
3. Add some olive oil and salt and pepper (to taste), then process for a little longer.
4. Serve with zaatar bread, carrot or celery sticks and other crackers.