Here’s my recipe for delicious and easy garlic roast lamb.
- 2.4kg leg of lamb (I used frozen)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to season
- Mixed herbs (I used Masterfoods)
- Olive oil
1. Set oven to 200C.
2. Put the lamb in a deep roasting dish. Cut lines into the lamb and insert mixed herbs and slivers of garlic into the cuts.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pat the seasoning into the meat.
4. Cover with foil and put in the oven to cook for 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour, drizzle some olive oil over the lamb, remove the foil and cook for another hour.
6. Switch the oven off and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the lamb. Cover with foil again and leave to rest in the oven for 30 minutes.
8. Carve the lamb and serve it with roast vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, carrots and peas or corn.