This delicious and healthy Greek salad is the perfect side dish for any meal. It is also great on its own!
- 2 handfuls of washed lettuce
- 3 tomatoes or a punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Spanish onion (1 used a brown onion as I didn’t have Spanish ones at the time)
- 100grams of Danish feta cheese (you can use Greek but I prefer the saltiness and firmness of the Danish feta)
- 1 cucumber
- 1/3 cup of black Kalamata olives (pitted)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Cut lettuce into 2cm wide strips and spread out evenly over a large platter.
2. Thinly slice the onion and spread over lettuce.
3. Cut the cucumber into 0.5cm slices and spread over the onion and lettuce.
4. Cut the tomatoes into 8 wedges per tomato (or in half if using cherry tomatoes) and sprinkle over the other vegetables.
5. Top salad with the olives and cubes of feta cheese (about 2cm x 2 cm)
6. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the salad and season generously with freshly ground salt and pepper.