These delicious fritters are easy to make and perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Topped with fresh or smoked salmon and a dollop or sour cream, they were tasty and something I hadn’t tried making before. Even my younger brother who tends to be a bit of a fussy eater enjoyed them.
I adapted this recipe from the Taste website.
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup of corn kernels
- 2/3 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 40g butter
- 100g smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup sour cream
1. Sift flours into a bowl.
2. Combine eggs and milk in a jug and whisk lightly. Gradually whisk the egg mixture into the flour until it forms a smooth batter
3. Add corn, zucchini and cheese.
4. Stir to combine then add a little salt, cover and set aside for about 20 minutes.
5. Melt a teaspoon of butter in a large, non-stick pan over high. Pour a few tablespoons of batter into the pan for each fritter.
6. Cook on each side until golden and cooked through. Then remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all batter is used, adding a teaspoon of butter for each new batch.
7. Place a fritter on a plate and top with 1 tablespoon of sour cream, some sliced salmon and extra cheese.