An easy and festive Christmas treat, these brandy truffles are super neat!
Try your hand at making them and let me know what you think. I think they are great as a post-dinner dessert or just for a little snack with a mug of eggnog.
- 230 grams chocolate, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Cocoa powder
- Dessicated coconut
1. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place chocolate in a medium sized bowl.
3. Heat thickened cream over the stove on medium and bring just to the boil.
4. Pour hot cream over the chocolate and stir until mixed in and all chocolate pieces are melted.
5. Add butter and stir again until mixed in.
6. Add liqueur and stir.
7. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or preferably, overnight.
8. Use a melon baller to get even sized scoops of chocolate and roll into round balls.
9. Coat in cocoa powder and/or coconut. You can also use crushed and toasted nuts, hundred and thousands, or chocolate swirls (Flake works well).
10. Cover and place in the fridge until firm.
11. Serve at room temperature.