What is it: Cheeki Vacuum-insulated Tea Flask
Where to buy it: http://www.eatdrinkstainless.com.au/cheeki-tea-flask/
For more information: http://www.cheeki.net.au/products/tea-flasks/
* * *
Last week Adele Feletto Publicity sent me a free Cheeki Tea Flask to review:
What is it?
The Cheeki Tea Flask is a vacuum-insulated stainless steel flask which is specially designed to keep drinks warm for up to 6 hours.
As a regular tea drinker I was really looking forward to trying this flask out and I was pleased with the funky colours and look of the flask, a welcome change compared to some of the other ugly flasks on the market!
The flask has a nice smooth and streamlined design which is the perfect size to wrap your fingers around.
It also features a stainless steel interior to keep drinks hot and has vibrant and colourful patterns on the outside for a stylish look.
The Real Test
I used the flask with tea leaves at home and made a black tea one evening.
The flask has a strainer basket for the tea leaves and there is also useful spot in the lid which you can use to keep the strainer in when you are using a tea bag or having a coffee, for example.
I used Dilmah tea leaves and put a couple of teaspoons in the top of the strainer basket. I then filled the flask with water and closed the lid for a couple of minutes.
While at first it was a little difficult to locate the handle of the strainer from underneath all the tea leaves, when I eventually found it it was easy enough to empty the strainer and then store it in the lid.
The metal lip of the flask was a bit difficult to drink out of as it was quite hot, and I think a rubber lip would make it much easier to use.
Apart from that, I enjoyed using the flask and I think it did a good job of keeping my tea warm.
I drank some of the tea from the flask that night and then put the lid on the other half and left it overnight.
When I woke up in the morning, about 6.5 hours later, I opened the flask the tea was still warm! It wasn’t very hot but it was warm enough to still be enjoyable.
The flask has passed the test and I will enjoy using it at work to keep my tea warm when I forget to drink it!
Overall I give it a 9/10.
It definitely does the job by keeping tea or drinks warm for hours. It is also stylish and I liked the funky designs and colours.
My only suggestions would be that it should have a rubber lip to drink from as drinking from the metal lip is a bit difficult when the tea is really hot, and that the strainer basket should be easier to remove.
TCFB along with Adele Feletto Publicity are giving one lucky TCFB reader the chance to win their very own Cheeki Tea Flask!
All you have to do to win is comment below in 25 words or less why you would like to win a Cheeki Tea Flask or LIKE us on Facebook and SHARE our post about this competition!
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to Australian residents aged 16 years or over.
- To enter, either comment below in 25 words or less why you would like to win a Cheeki Tea Flask or LIKE us on Facebook and SHARE our post on this competition!
- Please include your name and email address so we can contact you if you win.
- The competition commences Monday 25 November 2013 at 1.00pm AEST and concludes on Monday, 2 December 2013 at 1:00pm.
- Winners will be notified by email by Friday, 6 December 2013. If we are unable to contact you or do not hear back from you within 5 days of the date of our email we will choose another winner.
- By entering this competition you agree to give us your postal address and to allow us to pass it on to Adele Feletto Publicity so your prize can be sent to you.
- The prize consists of 1 Cheeki Tea Flask.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash.
- This competition is hosted by The Casual Food Blogger at http://www.thecasualfoodblogger.wordpress.com.