Address: Westfield Sydney, Cnr Pitt and Market Streets, Sydney NSW
Monday – Wednesday 9.30am – 6.30pm
Thursday 9.30am – 9.00pm
Friday 9.30am – 6.30pm
Saturday 9.30am – 6.30pm
Sunday 10.00am – 6.00pm
* * *
What is it?
The Magnum Pop Up Pleasure Store was open from 16 July to 25 August 2013 at Westfield Sydney.
It’s a little ice cream bar in which you can choose different toppings to customise your Magnum ice cream.
MDS and I visited one lunch break to try it out.
Here’s how it works:
1. First, we paid at the counter and chose our toppings. The magnum (including toppings) cost $7.00 each.
2. Second, we walked past the topping bar where a friendly girl put scoops of our toppings into little metal cups, ready to go on top of our ice creams.
The toppings included (from the website):
THE CLASSICS: Hazelnuts, pistachios, almonds, macadamias, crumbled biscuit, chocolate flakes, chocolate sprinkles, honeycomb pieces
THE SPECIALS: dried strawberries, dried raspberries, toasted coconut flakes, goji berries, crumbled meringue, rose praline, crushed chocolate-coated coffee beans
THE EXPERIMENTALS: rose petals, rock sea salt, popping candy and more!
3. Next, another girl unwrapped a vanilla ice cream from the fridge and dunked it in our choice of chocolate: dark, milk or white. I chose milk (only the best).
4. Next, the toppings were poured over our ice creams.
I chose pistachio, rose petals and crushed meringue.
5. Our ice creams were then drizzled with another chocolate of our choice. My choice was white chocolate.
6. Finally, we chose a chocolate “M” button to go on top. I picked a white one.
The experience was quite a bit of fun and we both enjoyed picking our toppings and customising the ice creams.
Although a bit pricey for one Magnum, there were plenty of toppings on it and the ice cream itself, with a THICK chocolate shell, tasted amazing. Absolutely delicious. It ended up being our lunch as we were so full after eating it!