This salad is perfect for work lunches or even as a side at a BBQ or lunch event.
Easy to make and pretty healthy for you if you add less mayonnaise!
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves (approx 200gr)
- 60gr semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 handful green beans, de-stringed
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 Tsp spicy seasoning (e.g. cajun, paprika, zaatar, chilli, cumin etc)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs seeded mustard
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
1. Cut the chicken breast into cubes and rub the spicy seasoning in.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces off until cooked through.
3. Steam de-stringed beans until they go dark green and are cooked through but still a little crunchy.
4. Cut avocado into large chunks (I sliced it and then cut the slices in half).
5. Wash, de-seed and cut red capsicum into cubes.
6. Wash baby spinach leaves and put in a large mixing bowl. Add tomatoes, cooled chicken breast pieces and beans, and avocado.
7. Mix mayonnaise and mustard in a separate bowl. Add to the rest of the salad and mix well.