I made this delicious chocolate mousse for my birthday party this weekend and it turned out a treat. it’s a variation on the orange and chocolate mousse I did a while back, just leaving out the orange rind.
- 600g good quality belgian chocolate
- 9 eggs whites, 9 egg yolks
- 6 Tbs caster sugar
- 6 Tbs milk
1. Beat eggs whites using an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
3. Chop or grate the chocolate and melt it over a double boiler.
4. When the chocolate has melted, remove the top bowl from the heat and beat in the 3 egg yolks, then add the milk and stir.
5. Pour the stiff egg whites over the melted chocolate mixture and fold in.
6. Refrigerate for about 2 hours until set.
7. Top with scraped bits of chocolate.