These are perfect cupcakes for all chocolate lovers. Pretty easy to make and very easy on the eye.
The cupcake recipe has been adapted from the Coles Australia Christmas catalogue, adding extra chocolate for the “Double” Choc, a little cinnamon, and using drinking chocolate instead of cocoa powder and skim milk instead of full cream, I made my own Nutella icing.
Try them out and let me know what you think!
- 125g softened butter
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar Tsp
- 1 1/2 Tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g chopped milk chocolate
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup drinking chocolate
- 3/4 cup milk (I used skim milk)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 1 1/2 Tbs softened butter
- A few tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced.
2. Line 12 muffin pans with cases.
3. Using an electric mixer beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
4. Add the eggs one at a time and beat for about 30-40 seconds between the addition of each egg.
5. Fold in the flour, drinking chocolate, cinnamon and milk until well combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into the patty pans.
7. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
8. Leave in pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
9. Mix Nutella and butter in a bowl until well combined.
10. Add butter and 2-3 tbsp of milk as required to ensure the mixture is smooth (but not too much or it will be runny and won’t sit on top of the cakes!).
11. Spread the icing on top of the cakes and enjoy!