I got this recipe from the Taste website but modified it a little.
- 125g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium apples, cored, grated
- 2 Tsps vanilla essence
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice (I used cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and nutmeg)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
2. Grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper.
3. Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
4. Add sugar, flour, eggs, apples, vanilla, milk and mixed spice and three-quarters of the walnuts. Mix until well combined.
5. Pour into pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.