I decided to follow her recipe and see how I went making them and guess what? They turned out great! They are definitely melt-in-your-mouth moments and would be perfect with a cuppa!
Here’s her recipe for melting moments:
- 180g unsalted butter (I used salted as I didn’t have unsalted at home)
- 60g custard powder
- 60g icing sugar
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 180g plain flour
- Icing and jam to sandwich the biscuits
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C and spray baking trays with oil.
2. Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
Tip: use softened butter not melted butter!
3. Add custard powder, then icing sugar and mix in.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together and add to dough. Mix in until it just comes together.
5. Roll teaspoon sized amounts of dough into balls and place evenly apart on the greased trays.
6. Press each ball down gently with a fork to flatten.
7. Bake in oven at 180C for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
8. Remove from oven and leave to cool completely.
9. Sandwich with jam and icing and enjoy!