Two of my friends agreed to write up a guest blog post for me. They will be reviewing the new McDonald’s Serious Angus and Mighty Angus burgers (post coming soon!).
As this will be the first guest blog post for The Casual Food Blogger, I thought I would show my appreciation through a little baking! I made some choc-oat mnm cookies which will be delivered to them today!
Here’s the recipe:
- 3/4 cup of raw sugar (or brown)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence/extract
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 2 Tbs drinking chocolate or cocoa powder
- 125g softened or melted butter
- 1/2 cup mnms
- Spray oil
1. Preheat oven to 180C (or 160C fan forced).
2. Spray two baking trays with oil.
3. Beat butter and sugar until combined and sugar has almost melted.
4. Add egg, vanilla and chocolate powder and beat until fluffy.
5. Stir in flour and oats until combined.
6. Roll mixture into tablespoon sized balls. Place on trays and flatten with the palm of your hand.
7. Push mnms into the top of the cookie.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes, rotating trays half way through.
9. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until fully cooled.