This little treat came about because I had some leftover puff pastry after making my pasteis de natas.
They were super easy to make and would be great for an afternoon tea or for dessert, served hot with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream- delish!
Basically all I did was
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Cut squares of puff pastry and lay them out on baking trays.
3. Peel and thinly slice a Pink Lady apple (Pink Lady as they are perfectly sweet).
4. Lay a few apple slices in the middle of the puff pastry squares.
5. Mix some brown sugar (about 1/4 cup) with some ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg (about 1/2 Tsp each) and sprinkle a little of the mixture over the apple galettes.
6. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until golden