Last nights dinner was a cheat Asian Laksa from a bottle! It tasted amazing and took less than 30 minutes to make! Try it out for yourself!
- 2 large bottles Asian laksa paste- from Asian grocer
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1L water
- 7 cm piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2-3 Tbs oil
- 1 packet washed bean sprouts -from Asian grocer
- 1 packet vermicelli rice noodles (about 200g)
- 750g diced/sliced chiken breast
- 4 carrots, julienned
- 1 packet tofu
- About 1 cup plain flour
- Coriander or parsley to garnish
1. Fry off garlic, ginger, onion in the oil until golden.
2. Add chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink.
3. Add laksa paste, coconut cream and water and stir thoroughly until mixed in. Turn heat down to medium and let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Blanch vermicelli noodles in boiling water (from kettle) until cooked, then drain water.
6. Heat oil in pan. Cut tofu into 2cm squared cubes and roll in flour. Then fry in pan until crunchy and golden.
7. Put noodles, bean sprouts and some tofu into a large bowl. Spoon over the laksa and garnish with coriander or parsley.
This recipe also works great with seafood!