Check out this great biscuit recipe modified from http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/icedbiscuits_3054
- 100g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 100g caster sugar
- 1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 275g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until combined.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time, until well combined.
4. Stir in the flour until the mixture comes together as a dough.
5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 1cm/½in.
6. Using biscuit cutters, cut biscuits out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray.
7. Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes, or until golden.
8. Set aside to harden for 5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.