Everyone loves a good wedge…or two…or three…you get the point!
These addictive little potato munchies are perfect with tomato sauce or sweet chilli and sour cream, and make the perfect snack or side dish.
Here is my no fail wedges recipe for amazing wedges from scratch!
- 8-10 large brushed potatoes (see http://www.olympicfruit.com.au/index.php?id=12 for more information on potato varieties)
- Spray oil
For the seasoning:
- Olive oil
- 2 Tsp cajun
- 1/2 Tsp paprika/sazon goya
- 1/2 Tsp chilli pieces/chilli powder
- 1-2 Tbs mixed herbs
- 1/2 Tsp pepper (ground black)
- Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200C and spray a chip tray or flat baking tray with oil.
2. Wash potatoes and cut into wedges (approx 8 wedges per potato). Soak in salt water for 20 minutes. Drain.
3. Put potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with enough olive oil to coat the potatoes.
4. Mix all spices together and add to bowl. Rub onto potatoes with your hands.
5. Season with salt.
6. Lay wedges on tray and bake for 30-40 mins or until golden.
7. Turn wedges over and bake again until other side is golden.
8. Serve with your preferred sauce and enjoy!