Today I decided to make some banana bread. Being the first time I’ve ever made banana bread, I was a little worried but it turned out fine. One thing I would change would be the time I baked the bread for- next time I’ll put it in the oven for about 5-10 minutes less as the top was a little crunchy.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cups brown or raw sugar
- Handful of chopped walnuts and dates
- 1 Tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large mashed bananas
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a 20 x 10 cm loaf pan with baking paper/oil.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
3. Add sugar, walnuts, dates and stir to combine.
4. Add the milk, whisked egg and banana and fold using a spatula until combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the lined pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Cut slices and serve (great with a cup of tea or coffee!)