I love Asian food and hokkien noodle stir-fries are definitely right up there with my favourite Asian dishes!
Here is a recipe for a quick (took about 20 minutes to make), easy, and delicious beef & noodle stir-fry!
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small sticks
- 1/2 cup of green beans (I used frozen)
- 1/2 cup of corn kernels (also frozen)
- 2 cups of chinese cabbage, cut into 2 cm wide strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups beef strips
- 1 packet Fantastic hokkien noodles (800g)
- 3 Tbs oil
- Salt and pepper to season
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup of light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Tbs kecap manis
- 1-2 Tsp chilli pieces/flakes (depending on your preference)
- 1-2 Tsp chilli powder (depending on your preferences)
1. Wash, cut and prepare ingredients -vegetable and beef (as per above).
2. Prepare hokkien noodles according to back of packet – cover with boiling water for 2-3 minutes, separate with a fork and then drain. Set aside.
3. Mix sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
4. Pur 1 tablespoon of oil into a frying pan. When the pan is hot, fry off the beef strips with a pinch of salt and pepper, then put beef into a separate bowl and set aside.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of oil into the (now empty) pan and fry off the onion and garlic until clear.
6. Add carrots, frozen beans, corn kernels, and cabbage (in that order) into the pan and fry until cooked but still crisp. Add salt and pepper, then transfer to a bowl.
6. Put the cooked beef back into the fry pan and add the stir-fry sauce mixture to it. Stir for about a minute then add then add the hokkien noodles and stir for another minute.
7. Remove from heat, add fried vegetable mixture and season to taste. Serve hot.